Job Ref No HST158
Working as part of the HeartSine Software Development team, the successful applicant will be required to provide a significant and imaginative contribution to the design and development of innovative, lifesaving defibrillator technology. The successful candidate shall be capable of taking ownership of the development life-cycle for software components and applications while ensuring they comply with international standards and the requirements of the HeartSine quality system. The successful candidate shall also be expected to provide guidance and leadership to junior colleagues and take the lead in design review meetings.
HeartSine is seeking someone with a proven track record in a similar role and the ability to challenge and question existing certainties and methods with the aim of improving and perfecting our products and processes.
This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the development of a life-saving product.
- Very high work standards with excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Team player
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Requirements
- Professional experience of at least 5 years in programming languages such as C or C++.
- Strong technical background – applicants should at a minimum, possess a third level qualification (Hons) in any of computing/software/electrical/electronic engineering, or a related discipline.
- Experience of digital signal processing
- Evidence of Mathematical Modeling/Statistical skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong technical/report writing skills
Knowledge, qualifications or experience of the following would be an advantage:
- MSc and/or PhD in a relevant discipline
- General electronics
- Experience in Medical devices (particularly cardiovascular)
- Knowledge of GAMP, FDA regulations, relevant ISO standards
- Risk management / Risk Analysis experience
- Experience working within a regulated quality system
What’s on Offer
An excellent package and opportunity for growth is on offer to the successful candidate. Salary will be based upon experience.
Return the completed Application Form (provided below) to the HR Department, Canberra House, 203 Airport Road West, Belfast, BT3 9ED. The closing date for completed applications is Friday 22 November 2013.
HeartSine Technologies Limited is an equal opportunity employer and applications are welcomed regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, political or religious beliefs, disability or marital status.